The Last Night on the Titanic: Unsinkable Drinking, Dining & Style
“The Last Night on the Titanic: Unsinkable Drinking, Dining & Style“
by Veronica Hinke. Published 2019
Hardcover, $48.78, Paperback, $17.99
April 14, 1912. It was an unforgettable night. In the last hours before the Titanic struck the iceberg, passengers in all classes were enjoying unprecedented luxuries. Innovations in food, drink, andDécor made this voyage the apogee of Edwardian elegance.
“Veronica Hinke’s painstaking research and deft touch bring the Titanic’s tragic but eternally glamorous maiden voyage back to life. In addition to stirring accounts of individual tragedy and survival, The Last Night on the Titanic offers tried-and-true recipes, newly invented styles and classic cocktails to reproduce a glittering world of sophistication at sea.”
Readers will experience:
- Recipes for Oysters à la Russe, Chicken and Wild Mushroom Vol-au-Vents and dozens of other scrumptious dishes for readers to recreate in their own kitchens
- A rare printed menu from the last first class dinner on the Titanic
- Drink recipes from John Jacob Astor IV’s luxury hotels, including the original Martini
- The true story of “The Unsinkable Molly Brown”
- An extraordinary eyewitness testimony to Captain Edward Smith’s final moments
- Intimate and captivating stories about select passengers—from millionaires to third class passengers.